Weight loss is not as simple as calories in, calories out. The struggle of carrying extra pounds is more prevalent than ever. With some simple strategies, success can be found in accelerating weight loss programs.
There are many aspects to consider for long-term success with weight loss and maintenance. These include understanding body fat, the role metabolic syndrome and insulin play in fat accumulation and storage, stress factors, effective diet and exercise plans, and unresolved emotional issues. To learn more about the science of true weight loss, watch this informative webinar by author and nutritional expert Jane Durst Pulkys BSc, RNCP, CNP.
Kick off the new year with a detox and weight loss program using Deepure and 3C (Complete Colon Cleanse). For convenience, the new Gut Cleanse Kit has been assembled to jumpstart healthy weight loss and assist in weight management.
Deepure Tea - a instant supplement (from Puerh tea extract) to optimize and accelerate weight loss. When taken with meals, deepure blocks fat absorption (triglycerides and saturated fats) and when taken between with meals, increases fat metabolism and burns adipose tissue (arms, belly, hips, waist, and thighs) when taken between meals.
Recommended Dosage: Block fat absorption – 1-2 sachets with meals mixed in hot or cold water.
Weight loss and fat burning – up to 4 sachets daily between meals mixed in hot or cold water.
Curb appetite – 1 sachet mixed in hot or cold water 30 minutes before a meal.
Studies show a significantly lowered BMI and weight loss within 20 weeks taking Deepure Puerh Tea extract 3 to 4 times daily. Participants lost 2 - 8 kg (4.4 - 17.6 lb) and decreased their BMI by 8 -10% in women and 5 - 6% in men, while continuing to follow their daily diet and normal lifestyle.*
*Studies showed results occurred with no calorie restrictions or increase of physical activity.
3C (Complete Colon Cleanse)* - used for gastrointestinal detoxification with excellent sources of fibre for bowel cleansing and relief of constipation, and herbs to heal the gut and support intestinal health. Contain glucomannan, a non-habit forming high viscous fibre source.
Recommended Dosage: 3 capsules with a full glass of water (8 oz) twice daily.
* 3C Complete Colon Cleanse contains glucomannan (Amorphophallus konjac), a viscous fibre source. It must be taken with at least 8 oz (full glass) of water/liquid. If taken with insufficient liquid, may result in choking or blockage of throat, esophagus or intestine.
The Gut Cleanse Kit - contains specific herbs, vitamins, probiotics and natural fibre sources to support intestinal health. This kit includes colon cleansing, balancing intestinal flora and liver detoxification, essential to jumpstart weight loss and assist in weight management. Research shows that a healthy gut and balanced intestinal flora are important for healthy weight loss.
The Gut Cleanse Kit contains:
3C (Complete Colon Cleanse)* – see above for description.
Recommended Dosage: 3 capsules with a full glass of water (8 oz) twice daily.
Probiotic 7-in-1 (healthy flora) – used to replenish and re-establish beneficial intestinal flora. Probiotics support a healthy gastrointestinal tract, digestion, metabolism and immune function. Shelf stable, no refrigeration required.
Recommended Dosage: 2 caps twice daily.
Taraxa (Liver detoxification) – used for liver detoxification with lipotrophic factors to promote liver function and protection. Taraxa is used for a 10 day liver detox.
Recommended Dosage: 2 tabs three times daily, 20 minutes before meals.
Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations for Healthy Weight Loss and Management
By: Katarina Grabic, BSc., RHN
Dark bitter greens are nutritionally dense foods that include vitamins A, C and K, as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. They stimulate enzyme production and bile flow, promoting optimal digestion. Bitter greens support natural liver detoxification, balance hormones, gently cleanse the blood and metabolize fats.
- Eliminate refined sugar, gluten, dairy and soy
- Begin each morning with warm lemon water
- Add bone broth soup daily to provide essential minerals and support the intestinal lining
- Chew your food thoroughly; digestion begins in the mouth with salivary amylase.
- Do not eat on the go, standing or in your car. Make time for your meals and begin with three deep breaths, as this allows your body to switch to a parasympathetic state, ideal for digestion.
- Add an alkalizer such as Pleo Alkala, Basictab or Basic Powder to further alkalize the body)
- Fruit before noon only
- Include a metabolism booster with each meal
- Add one cup of steamed dark bitter greens (arugula, dandelion, spinach, swiss chard or kale) once a day, preferably with lunch or dinner
- Acai Bowl with cinnamon
- Free-range poached eggs, spinach & avocado on gluten free toast with a sprinkle of cayenne
- Chia pudding with berries, cinnamon & hemp seed (see recipe)
- Smoothie (berry mix, 1/2 banana, cinnamon, 1 tsp chia, 1 tsp hemp seed, coconut milk, spinach)
- Steel cut oats with berries, cinnamon, coconut milk
- Detoxifying Stew (see recipe)
- Anti-inflammatory Soup (see recipe)
- Salad (feel free to add wild salmon, turkey or free-range chicken up to 3x a week)
- Anti-inflammatory Coconut Curry
- Dairy-free vegan ‘Cheezy’ Pasta with zucchini or spaghetti squash (see recipe)
- Herb crusted salmon with mashed cauliflower on a bed of greens
- Quinoa, steamed vegetables & free range chicken stir fry
- Brown rice or Quinoa (1/3-1/2 a cup) in lentil soup, optional: add free range chicken or turkey
Anti-inflammatory Soup (serves 4)
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
1 onion, diced
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped/grated using cheese grater (about 4 cloves)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 carton non-yeast vegetable broth
4 cups coconut milk
1 teaspoon Himalayan or unrefined sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups cauliflower, chopped
1 can of beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch kale, chopped
- In a large saucepan or pot over medium-low, warm oil. Add onion; stir. Cook for 5 minutes, until the onions begin to brown. Add carrots and celery; cook for 5 more minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Add turmeric, garlic, ginger, and a dash of cayenne; stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Add broth, water, sea salt, and pepper; stir. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Add cauliflower. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- When the cauliflower is fork tender, add beans and kale. Cook until the kale is slightly wilted. Serve hot
1 cup broccoli
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 large onion
2 large carrots
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Himalayan salt or unrefined sea salt
Black pepper to taste
1 – 2 cups non-yeast vegetable broth
- Remove skins from onions, chop fine.
- Sauté onion in coconut oil till golden brown in a large sauce pan.
- Add spices, sauté for a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and cook for 10 minutes
- Chop the rest of the broccoli into 1 inch pieces and carrots into slices.
- Place all vegetables into saucepan.
- Add just enough water to half cover the vegetable.
- Cover with lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes till almost tender, stir occasionally.
**Do not overcook the vegetables**
Antioxidant Chia Pudding Breakfast Recipe
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/4 cup or less honey
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth. Whisk in chia seeds.
- Feel free to add 1/4 cup of berries.
- Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Eat in the morning for breakfast or lunch.
Dairy Free Vegan “Cheesy Pasta”
Zucchini or Spaghetti squash ‘noodles’ (optional: use spiralizer to create zucchini noodles)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup dairy-free milk (almond or coconut)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp oregano
1/2 cup of cashews
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil on a saucepan
- Blend dairy-free milk, nutritional yeast and cashews together
- Add to the saucepan and lightly warm up
- Add choice of “noodles” using spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles **do not overcook**
- Add together to plate and your choice of sprinkle of cayenne pepper, sea salt and pepper to taste