Enzymes are essential for life and are required for normal functioning of all organs systems. The human body has a finite number of enzymes for production with half of them used up by the age of 25. Supplementing with systemic enzymes will promote longevity,
better overall health and indirectly support digestion before being excreted from the body.
The biocatalyst actions of systemic enzymes act throughout the entire body by increasing the rate of chemical reactions. As part of the systemic enzyme category, proteolytic (protein eating) enzymes are some of the most important enzymes for existence. Proteolytic enzymes, either manufactured within the body or obtained through food/supplementation, influence 3,000 different enzymes and lead to 25,000 - 30,000 enzymatic reactions.
During the 1960’s, German practitioners began using therapeutic proteolytic enzymes. The original German systemic enzyme formulas (including Wobenzym) contained the combination of pancreatin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, bromelain and papain. Since that time, newer and stronger enzymes became available, which include Peptizyme SP (serrapeptidase).
Peptizyme SP is the strongest form of fibrolytic enzymes commercially available worldwide, with 5-8x more fibrolytic properties than chymotrypsin and trypsin.
This is important because fibrolytic enzymes take lead from the strongest fibrolytic action. It is enteric coated and resistant to heat and acid, thus ensuring survival through stomach acid while travelling to the small intestine. Serrapeptidase (as found in Peptizyme SP) has remarkable anti-inflammatory and anti-edemic (decreases fluid retention and swelling) activity. It is particularly beneficial in fibrocystic breast disease and upper respiratory conditions (by clearing mucous from the lungs through reduction of neutrophils) including sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma, and COPD.
Proteolytic enzymes are indicated to reduce inflammatory involvement in conditions including:
- Food allergies
- Digestion support
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pancreatic insufficiency
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Cancer prevention and recovery
- Post-surgical recovery, scar tissue
- Inflammation, sports injuries and trauma
- Cleanse debris in circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Heart health, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Viral conditions: hepatitis C, herpes zoster (shingles)
- Respiratory conditions: asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis, and COPD
Proteolytic enzymes are involved in numerous systems. Here a summary of the key benefits:
- anti-inflammatory - selectively lyses pro-inflammatory cytokines in cases of sports injuries, acute injuries, surgery, sprains and any chronic inflammatory processes (including respiratory, musculoskeletal and cardiovascular conditions).
- decrease pain - through reducing inflammation.
- anti-fibrosis - dissolves fibrous tissue including scar tissue, arterial blockages, fibrocystic breast tissue and fibroids of the uterus.
- blood cleansing - dissolves arterial plaques, removes high levels of blood plasma lipids, reduces risk of blood clots, and acts as a blood thinner.
- immune system modulation - either boost immune system function or downshifts the immune system.
- anti-virus and anti-bacteria – bacteria, viruses, molds and fungi are protein/amino acid based - lyses proteins associated with bacteria and viruses to prevent further replication and renders them neutral.
- digestion – protein digestion, pancreatic insufficiency, and mal-absorption.
In conclusion, systemic enzymes are a natural way to fight inflammation and keep the body healthy, fit and young. They decrease pain and inflammation in the body, reduce fibrosis growing in the body, maintain the immune system, cleanse the blood, fight off viruses and bacteria and support digestion.
Clearizyme (with Peptizyme SP) is ideal for your patient’s defense against inflammation and your best choice for powerful systemic and proteolytic enzymes.
Recommended Clearizyme dosage: Take 1 capsule (in between meals) up to 4 times a day, or on the advice of a health care practitioner. Enteric coated, swallow with water on an empty stomach.
Why health practitioners choose Clearizyme as their preferred systemic enzyme:
- Contains animal based pancreatin - long-lasting 24 - 36 hours in the body, versus 4 - 6 hours with plant based enzyme blends.
- Enteric coated Peptizyme SP and Pancreatin within each capsule.
- Resistant to acid and heat in the stomach - engineered to survive the stomach acid while travelling to the small intestine for absorption.
- Contains 50 mg of Peptizyme SP plus chymotrypsin (compared to only chymotrypsin in Wobenzym)
- Peptizyme SP (Serrapeptidase) is the strongest form of fibrolytic enzymes available, being 5 - 8x more potent fibrolytic than chymotrypsin alone.
- Taken on an empty stomach, it is absorbed through the intestinal wall and ultimately into the blood, thus prevents acting as a digestion enzyme.